Exclusively designed limited-edition cushioned Muslim prayer mat with beautiful Islamic lantern design. This night-black design features a gold-embroidered hanging Islamic lantern. With it’s unique arch-shaped design, this prayer mat or Janamaz has been specially designed with a non-slip underside for safe use on smooth flooring and an added cushioning layer for extra comfort. This prayer mat will enhance your spiritual lifestyle and home. Visual Dhikr® Prayer Mat has been exclusively designed in London, UK.
Like No Other - Visual Dhikr has re-imagined the traditional prayer mat. No tassles, pile-rug texture or poorly designed motifs. Taking direct inspiration from our rich Islamic heritage and combining with modern tastes, comes a prayer mat designed for modern Muslim living.
Comfort & Style - The Visual Dhikr Prayer Mat has been designed from the ground up. With a specially developed cushioning layer that is just right for added comfort for your feet and knees. The uniquely modified underside is made from a non-slip material, allowing safe use on smooth floors.
Shape of Things to Come - The Visual Dhikr Prayer Mat introduces a completely new shape (patent-pending) to prayer mats, inspired by the beautiful arches in Islamic architecture. Each of these mats have been developed in different textures and materials, from shabby canvas to cool denim. Authentic artistic tradition meets contemporary design.
Size: 660mm X 1400mm (27.4 x 13.4 x 1 Inches)
Fabric: Poly Twill
I didn’t like the material
Good quality prayer mat, minimalist design looks elegant and luxurious
Improving upon a very old tradition of weaved prayer rugs is an ambitious task which couldn't have been easier than it is now (with all the interconnections that the internet brings) and Modest Path has done a good job.. But - improvements can always be further improved!
1. The smell: The Sajdah is the core of Salah.. forcing great intimacy between the prayer rug and the nose. The strong smell of the material immediately made me long for the traditional mats or even a simple clean cloth. Unlike Yoga mats, the smell here is pretty important, or even the absence of any smell for that matter.
2. The width: While most traditional rugs are also too narrow for a man's Sajdah made with grace, wider ones are available with a bit of searching. It may be a bit of wishful thinking on my part to expect this new modern mat to accommodate my arms, although the width works great for my wife. I wish it was about a foot wider.
3. Folding: Did you know most people fold their prayers rugs all wrong.. bringing the bottom part where the feet go right against the top part where the head touches .. the correct way to fold pryer mats is vertically.. in the middle, bringing the left half against the right half.
4. velcro/handle etc. Adding some kind of strap to roll it up/fold it up and then have a handle to carry it would be just perfect..
5. Patterns from nature, less from culture. Cultural patterns make this Universal path restrictive in today's global fast zip zapping world.. while patterns of nature are Signs from GOD that could unite us all.
Overall, four stars.. Hoping to see more of what these creative awesome folks come up with for their next iteration.
God Bless you all.
Islamic Prayer Mat in Black with Lantern Arch Shaped
This is my first sajadah. At first I was worried about buying one online because my brothers and sisters that own one are hand made. This was an absolutely terrific buy!